|Creating the Images and Layers|
1. Create the images for the multiple swap. Each image should
be the same size. Preload these graphics by inserting each graphic
into one layer. Turn the layer visibility off. Position the main
image on the page by using the property and layer inspectors to
obtain an exact position. Dreamweaver will later ask to preload
these images when they are swapped.
3. Add buttons or text to later link the image swaps and
content. Give each layer and image a unique name that reflects
its content. This will help when you apply behaviors to
|Adding the Dynamic Behaviors|
1. Assign a MouseOver behavior to your button or text links.
text link and place a pound sign # in the link box of the property
inspector. Go the Behaviors Menu, click the in the lower
left corner of dreamweaver and the behavior menu will change to .
Choose on MouseOver from the pulldown menu and then choose swap
image from the actions. Choose the correct image to swap and
2. Now add another action to this MouseOver. With MouseOver highlighted, go to the actions and choose show/hide layers. The first text link (or button) will control control show the top layer. Click show. For each remaining text layer, select it and then press hide.
4. Complete these steps with each image and each text layer; use MouseOver to swap the image and then to show/hide content. Then add a MouseOut to restore the image. Again, do not add a MouseOut behavior to the show/hide content. Test the page with browser check to make sure it works in both 4.0 browsers
|Home Tutorial Index Next Design Words Gallery Issues|